WOMENSWEAR DESIGN MANAGER - MATERNITY COVER (6 MONTH CONTRACT)
Reports to: CEO and Founder
Manages the end-to-end design process for womenswear, coaching the team to deliver outstanding results.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Line Management, including:
o Managing a growing team of 4 designers, plus freelancers
o Managing Senior Technical Designer (and their direct reports in their absence)
o Undertaking performance reviews, and probation reviews.
• Manages the design process, including:
o Researches and creates mood boards to identify new trends.
o Develops ideas for ranges including price points and keeping best sellers in mind.
o Sources fabrics and trims with factories.
o Manages and mentors the team, ensuring clear briefing on work and working with them to continually improve and produce the best output.
o Create sketch technical drawings and CADs.
o Work out print placements and set up tech packs for factories.
o Chase through new branding with factories.
o Works with the social team, organising brainstorming sessions to collate new ideas and feedback on design ranges for further development.
o Advise on spec amendments and correct blocks for junior members of the team to use with our Garment Tech and Technical Design teams.
o Meet regularly with our Menswear Design Manager to ensure that the Mens and Womens teams are designing collaboratively.
• Manages the technical process, including:
o Set up the critical path with new ranges and decide on blocks and fabrics for each style.
o Maintain the critical path throughout the design process.
o Chase through samples with the factories on a daily basis.
o Organise the samples for fit sessions.
o Attend fit sessions and record comments for any improvements or amends.
o Input design comments for all fitted garments before comments are sent off (fabric/ trim/ print comments).
o Help send out fit comments where needed and meet deadlines.
o Review & update blank block workbooks regularly for design to work from.
o Keep abreast of customer feedback relating to fit and fabrication, etc.
o Working closely with our Merchandising Manager to manage the number of options per drop to ensure that the target number of styles are landing on site and we are hitting sales revenue.
• General office and design duties, including:
o Keep fabric swatches, trim samples and fit samples organised.
o Review samples regularly to add to the Depop box.
o Meetings with the customer care team to give training on new product launching
• Have 5+ years of experience as an Established Womenswear Designer.
• Experience managing a team.
• Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office, CAD, Photoshop, Adobe & Illustrator
• Confidence and ability to work at pace, creating sketched CADs and technical drawings for factories, and setting-up print placements for factories.
• Ability to manage the team and their workload to multiple deadlines.
• Identifies development objectives for the team, supports them to make improvements and ensures a high standard of work produced.
• Trend-focused with an eye for detail
• Capable of working autonomously and making strong creative decisions.
• Flexible working approach, diligent and able to adapt to the needs of the team.
• Great understanding of the Jaded London brand and customer
• Strong Team player and passionate for the brand and its success.
What’s in it for you?
• 50% Employee Discount
• 24 days holiday per year (plus bank holidays)
• A paid day off on your birthday
• A paid moving day per year
• Hybrid Working Arrangements - 1 day per week WFH
• Pension Scheme (3% Jaded, 4% You)
• Bonus Scheme
• Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family
• £500 employee referral bonus scheme
• Local Business Discounts (joe and the juice, cafés, fitness, beauty etc)
• North-West London office location directly located next to good transport links
• Casual office dress code (your style of dress is up to you, wear what you feel best in)
• Fully-stocked kitchens and fridges (hello endless brekkie and snack supply, see ya afternoon munchies)
• Regular Office Social Events (e.g. payday social
To apply, email your CV and covering letter to; email@example.com with the email subject ‘Womenswear Design Manager Maternity Cover'