Reports to: Head of Marketing
As PR Manager, you will drive the development and implementation of an effective PR strategy, building brand reputation and ensuring effective media coverage. Also, event management of pop-ups, parties etc, both here in the UK and internationally; the role requires an element of global travel to attend and supervise events. You will also line-manage 2 Social Media & PR individuals, who lead the gifting process.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Attend events with the purpose network/promote the brand/secure partnerships.
- Host talent/VIP’s at the office/externally where required.
- Working closely with Creative Leads, explore new opportunities/talent/brands to target for new business to drive growth.
- Forge relationships with key influencers/VIP’s and their agents/managers.
- Work proactively to identify opportunities and secure positive coverage through gifting, features, new stories, product placement etc.
- Build and maintain media relationships with long-lead, short-lead, mainstream media, and magazines - working to secure regular positive coverage for Jaded.
- Manage and extend the Jaded media/talent contact database.
- Devise the departments PR Calendar in line with the seasonal strategy, helping to ensure timely execution of all activity.
- Point of Contact for external PR agencies.
- Event Management:
- Organise and coordinate promotional events, such as pop-ups, parties, etc.
- Managing external suppliers, contractors, and other relevant stakeholders.
- Keeping to project timelines delivering events according to plan, on time and on budget.
- Travelling to on-site locations to coordinate, manage and supervise events pre, during and post.
- Constantly review priorities to keep to project timelines, providing leadership, clarity and direction to all in-house stakeholders
- Guest list collation.
- Stakeholder relationships:
- Work in partnership with Creative Leads, to have constant oversight of all creative plans and know exactly what is happening and when.
- Line Management:
- Manage a growing team of 2 people.
- Holding regular 1-2-1 meetings with team members
- Manage team absence, performance, and engagement/morale
- Supporting performance and development of team members via annual PDP process
- Ensuring all gifting continues to run smoothly when people are absent, delegating/stepping in where necessary
- Issuing follow-up actions out to the team following team meetings
- Interviews/recruitment for vacancies in liaison with HR
- Proven experience in leading a Social/Marketing strategy with large budgets in-house.
- A strategic and ‘big picture’ thinking and be able to set a clear vision and plan whilst also being a ‘doer’ and in particular ensuring operational excellence.
- Experience of managing a team.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and getting things done.
- Take ownership for your department and having a drive to succeed.
- You see something not working and take action to fix it without waiting for direction.
- Able to think of new and innovative ideas, creating the strategy for them and then executing to a high standard.
- Great communicator at all levels.
- 4-5+ years’ experience within PR/events, including experience at senior/manager level
- Line Management experience
- Event planning experience
- Proven excellent understanding of the fashion industry, current trends and media landscape
- Excellent print, and online media contacts as well as excellent influencer relationships.
- Ability to manage target expectations and report on KPIs.
- Ability to balance brand with business while relentlessly focusing on our customer.
- A highly motivated, goal-oriented, and deadline-driven individual who’s comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Have a growth mindset.
- The ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills with a sense of priority for deadlines and attention to detail.
What's in it for me?
- 50% Employee Discount
- 22 days holiday per year, rising to 24 days after 2 years’ service (plus bank holidays)
- A paid day off on your birthday
- A paid volunteering day per year
- A paid moving day per year
- Hybrid Working Arrangements
- Defined Benefit Pension Scheme
- Company Sick Pay Entitlement
- Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family
- £500 employee referral bonus scheme
- Local Business Discounts (joe and the juice, café’s, fitness, beauty etc)
- North-West London office location directly located next to good transport links
- Casual office dress code (your style of dress is up to you, wear what you feel best in)
- Fully-stocked kitchens and fridges (hello endless brekkie and snack supply, see ya afternoon munchies)
- Regular Office Social Events (e.g. payday socials)
To apply, email your CV and covering letter to; email@example.com with the email subject ‘PR Manager'