WOMENSWEAR DESIGNER ALL LEVELS WELCOME TO APPLY
Reports to: Womenswear Design Manager
Supporting the womenswear design team, you’ll create designs across all product ranges from clothing to swimwear and liaising with the production team to ensure expectations for the final product are met.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Support the design team in creating new ideas and sketches across all product ranges, on CAD via Adobe Illustrator
• Create sketches, technical drawings and CADs
• Continuously involved in the design process, identifying key trends, sourcing fabrics, colours and shapes relevant to the brand.
• Develop mood boards to represent the direction of collections, staying reactive to new trends on brand for Jaded London
• Research new and innovative commercial ideas in line with brand strategy through sources such as Instagram, Depop, catwalk alongside attending research trips and trade shows, keeping up to date of new trends
• Create highly detailed new prints, setting up for production and creating workbooks for factories
• Manage factory samples, updating and managing the critical path schedule
• Work closely with Production and the freelance print designers to direct the print design progress efficiently.
• Attend design meetings, presenting ideas and working collaboratively with Marketing and Mens Design Teams
• Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office, CAD, Photoshop, Adobe & Illustrator
• Confidence and ability to work at pace, creating sketched CADs and technical drawings for factories, setting-up print placements for factories.
• Ability to prioritise, managing multiple deadlines and heavy workloads to strict deadlines.
• Confident and clear in presenting ranges to management
• A problem solver, identifying issues immediately and addressing with manufacturers efficiently
• Strong understating of the design process with the ability to translate trends into commercial graphic and print designs.
• Trend-focused with an eye for detail
• Capable of working autonomously and making strong creative decisions.
• Flexible working approach, diligent and able to adapt to the needs of the team.
• Great understanding of the Jaded London brand and customer
• Strong Team player and passionate for the brand and its success
What’s in it for you?
• 50% Employee Discount
• 22 days holiday per year, rising to 24 days after 2 years of service (plus bank holidays)
• A paid day off on your birthday
• A paid volunteering day per year
• A paid moving day per year
• Hybrid Working Arrangements
• Defined Benefit Pension Scheme
• Company Sick Pay Entitlement
• Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family
• £500 employee referral bonus scheme
• Local Business Discounts (joe and the juice, cafés, fitness, beauty etc)
• North-West London office location directly located next to good transport links
• Casual office dress code (your style of dress is up to you, wear what you feel best in)
• Fully-stocked kitchens and fridges (hello endless brekkie and snack supply, see ya afternoon munchies)
• Regular Office Social Events (e.g. payday socials
To apply, email your CV and covering letter to; email@example.com with the email subject ‘Womenswear Designer'