WOMENSWEAR DESIGN ASSISTANT
Reports to: Womenswear Design Manager
Supports the Womenswear Design team, researching and creating new and innovative commercial ideas, creating mood boards, new prints and starting workbooks for factories for production.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Working closely with the design and production teams to ensure an efficient workflow of designs, prints and sample production.
- Assist and help research, produce clear and detailed technical sketches.
- Assist in fittings, taking notes and updating technical sketches on illustrator.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the design identity in line with Jaded London, provide a sense of colours and details, deliver a high awareness of current trends.
- Continually researches new and innovative commercial ideas on a continual basis through sources; Instagram, Depop, catwalk, research trips, etc.
- Creates weekly ‘new in’ reports on a timely basis.
- Works efficiently to create 20 ideas per day to be sketched on CAD via Adobe illustrator.
- Demonstrates creativity in-line with the brand, creating print design mood boards with new ideas.
- Creates new prints from scratch and sets up prints for production.
- Makes a start on creating four workbooks a day for factories for production, to be passed to Designers.
- Makes amends to sketches post fit sessions, updating the critical path with information from factories.
- Supports the designers in all tasks as requested, including sourcing fabrics and trims.
- Ensures general office tidiness is maintained with samples put away correctly, filing fabrics and keeping the workplace organised.
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office, CAD, Photoshop, Adobe & Illustrator.
- Highly organised with the confidence and ability to work at pace.
- Good time-management with the ability to prioritise tasks and work to multiple deadlines.
- Trend-focused with an eye for detail.
- Flexible working approach, diligent and able to adapt to the needs of the team.
- Great understanding of the Jaded London brand and customer.
- Strong Team player and passionate for the brand and its success.
What's in it for me?
- 50% Employee Discount
- 22 days holiday per year, rising to 24 days after 2 years’ service (plus bank holidays)
- A paid day off on your birthday
- A paid volunteering day per year
- A paid moving day per year
- £100 Selfridges voucher on your work anniversary
- Hybrid Working Arrangements
- Defined Benefit Pension Scheme
- Company Sick Pay Entitlement
- Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family
- £500 employee referral bonus scheme
- Local Business Discounts (joe and the juice, café’s, fitness, beauty etc)
- North-West London office location directly located next to good transport links
- Casual office dress code (your style of dress is up to you, wear what you feel best in)
- Fully-stocked kitchens and fridges (hello endless brekkie and snack supply, see ya afternoon munchies)
- Regular Office Social Events (e.g. payday socials)
To apply, email your CV and covering letter to; firstname.lastname@example.org with the email subject ‘Womenswear Design Assistant'